March 7, 2009

We've Only Just Begun......To Live!!

This is a picture of one of my best friends from High School -Kimmel Zaugg. She and I had a lot of fun together -lot's of good memories. It's been so good to get back in touch with her and catch up on each other's lives since the good old days in Moses Lake in the early nineties. We used to live a couple miles from each other out in the country. I lived on a farm growing up -and she would always come over and help with my stupid steers -my dad's horses, changing hand lines, etc. She was and still is what a good friend should be in my book. She probably enjoyed the animals on our farm more than I did. I loved living in the country-liked spending time with my family -and listening to my grandpa Winder cuss every time we worked the cattle. I am sure a lot of my friends remember my grandpa Winder and what a softy and joker he was. Man I miss him!! Now she is married to a real life cowboy in Idaho on a ranch and is very involved in Farm Bureau. She has 3 adorable daughters; who I hope to meet soon-and of course I can't wait to catch up with her in person!! She posted this picture on face book and a ton of memories from that time came flooding back. Track, dances, church activities, sleep overs -it was so fun. At our graduation Erin Kiehn sang "We've Only Just Begun....to live." by the Carpenter's while I accompanied her on the piano. Seems so long ago...but also just like yesterday! Love you Kimmel!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: