February 10, 2012

Valentine's and Conversation!

Mikenna, Brielle and I were all working on valentine's stuff tonight - And the conversation that ensued while we were doing our cards, became so fun, to listen to my girls and their opinions and what goes on with boys and girls at their age. Some of it I just had to smile and laugh because it cracked me up. Brielle said "Mom, boys drive me crazy." I had to try and keep a straight face. I said I understood; but sometimes girls can drive boys crazy too. And then she said "But I am still going to give the bigger valentine's cards to the boys and the girls will get the smaller ones." And as I was going through all the names with Mikenna in her class, she was telling me what boys she thought liked her because the ones that like her she said they annoy her the most. And I told her that's how boys try and get your attention. Then Brielle said ya, when the boys in my class annoy me, I just ignore them - and she proceeded to show Mikenna and I how she ignores them. She looked straight forward with a blank look on her face. Then Mikenna told me that one of the boys that annoys her (but I think secretly likes her) asked her if she would go to his house sometime to play. I can see why- Mikenna plays with the guys all the time at recess, football and stuff like that. Mikenna was being pretty careful with what card she gave each person in her class. She didn't want any boys thinking anything, and she didn't want the girls talking about what she may have given certain boys because I guess a lot of talk happens with that kind of stuff in her 5th grade class. It freaked Toby out when I told him that this boy asked Mikenna to go play at his house. Knowing that this boy likes Mikenna; you should have seen the look on Toby's face-it cracked me up.....I said....it begins. It's like he was hit in the face - and realized his daughter is growing up and will be in middle school next year - and the boys are already noticing and he is responsible for keeping her safe. I said don't worry babe; I will be your sidekick - and watching just as close - and if they cross my daughter - they will be crossing her mama too! :) Toby said - ya those boys won't know what hit them - I may look intimidating to them and they will worry about me - but you are the one they should be worrying about crossing. That's true - and proud of it! :) They won't want this mama bear to come out that's for sure! We were all laughing - good times, good times! :)

No comments: