April 4, 2012

Jaron Lyle Rasmussen~14 Years Old!




Happy 14th Birthday to my wonderful son!  I am so blessed to be his mom.  I am grateful for him and the wonderful young man he is and is becoming.  I was looking back on the day he was born - and what a wonderful day that was for Toby and I.  Our first born...and our only son.  Those memories are still fresh in my mind the day that I had him placed in my arms and how happy I was to be a mommy for the first time.
He is such a talented young man, and I thank Heavenly Father every day that he blessed me with Jaron.  I took Jaron out to dinner tonight with the girls and we had a great time laughing and talking.  They started talking about how Jaron only has two years until he starts to drive, and 5 years until his mission....and then only two weeks until his first Stake dance....which the girls got a chuckle out of Jaron dancing with girls.  This time of year is special - I had Jaron during Conference weekend, and close to Easter.  He usually gets his birthday off because of Spring break.  We've had a fun week so far - the two older kids went to go see the Hunger Games movie, both of them have read the book now.  Walks together, dinner and dessert out together, relaxing at home laughing and talking.  I love having my kids home for breaks!

Fourteen things....that I love about Jaron.

1.  He is musically talented...creating his own CD of music he has created himself, can play songs on the piano and guitar by ear, plays percussion in band.
2.  He is artistically talented....his drawings are awesome!
3.  He is a talented runner...he does awesome in cross country and track!
4.  He is smart and does well in school....made the honor roll this year.  He is the designated computer fixer at school for his teachers.  He is computer smart.
5.  He is an adrenaline junkie....likes to try daring things and loves to jump in with both feet and has no fear in trying new things.
6.  He is passionate about life and the things that he loves.  He is a good and loyal friend to those around him.
7.  He is close to getting his Eagle in scouts.  He loves the outdoors and going on campouts.
8.  He has a fun sense of humor and tells us things that always makes us laugh.
9.  He has a strong desire to do what is right.  He keeps his standards high.
10.  He has a lot of endurance and endless energy.
11.  He is determined and persistent.  He's a hard worker.
12.  He is a talented writer.  He is writing his first book and works hard on it; along with writing his own music for his first CD.
13.  He loves his family and friends.  I love that he is my son! :)
14.  He is very creative minded.

We love you buddy!!

No comments: