February 25, 2009

Pinewood Derby 2009 ~ District Bound!!

Tonight was the Cub scouts Blue & Gold Banquet and Pinewood Derby. It was a fun, exciting, stressful night for all involved. Jaron was a little too excited and while warming up his car with the race track, he shoved his car down the track -and the wheel popped off. I jumped in the van and ran home to retrieve the supplies we should have brought with us, just in case. After arriving back at the church; while trying to fix the wheel; glue got into the wheel -not good. So I stayed at the church and ate dinner with the kids while Toby rushed home and proceeded to fix the wheel as quickly as he could before the race started. He had just enough time to fix it and make it back in time for him to see Jaron receive his Webelos award; and some belt loops and compass point badge; along with 10 pins he achieved. After the banquet; we started the race and thankfully his car cooperated. His car was one of the fastest ones there this year. He is going to the District Pinewood Derby in March!! He is so excited; as are we!! He received a medal ribbon for being one of the winners. He called his car "White Lightning". He tried to copy my brother Ty's car design that won Districts for him one year. I was sitting there trying to visit with a friend while I was biting my nails, and sweating just watching Jaron race his car. O.k. -I am a little competitive. It's nerve racking, exciting, and I am glad it's over. I have a hard time sitting while watching my kids compete. I have to stand and be able to move around. If I can't do that -then I am a ball of nervous energy, squirming around in my chair like a 3 year old. He was also awarded "Hottest Car". It's onto Boy scouts when he turns 11 in April. I can't believe he's almost 11. I love him so much! He is a smart, handsome, big-hearted young man. I am so blessed that he is my son and a part of our family. He always brings so much energy and fun into our home. Congratulations Buddy! I love you!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: