March 15, 2009

Grandma Higley

My Grandma is the best grandma ever...she is also an amazing great-grandma. She never forgets a birthday; and always supports her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She is sunshine in our family. Full of warmth and smiles and giggles; that make everyone around her happy. She always has a bag full of treats for all her great-grand kids whenever she sees them. They are spoiled!! I am spoiled to have such a wonderful, amazing example of a friend, person, grandma and woman of God. She is full of the spirit and always sends the most wonderful birthday cards with inspirational and uplifting words of encouragement; admiration; and scripture. I love her so much. There are some neat similarities between my grandma and I -she had 3 kids -boy-girl-girl -and a miscarriage-kidney stone-all of those things have happened to me in the same sequence that it happened to her; among other things. Brielle loves her so much! They have a special little bond that is fun to watch. When grandma is around; Brielle can be found by her side. And if you know Brielle; she takes awhile to really bond with people -even family. She is truly a mommy and daddy girl. But is also a grandma Higley girl. It hasn't been easy since my grandfather passed away. She still lives in her home and continues to do her best to live her life and show those around her and her family through example that she loves us and the Lord. She is a strong, gentle, loving, fun person; and I am lucky to be able to call her my grandma! I love you Grandma!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: