August 17, 2009

Jaron~6th Grade Registration

We registered Jaron for Middle School. I can't believe I am already doing that for him. He's really excited to experience new things in school this year. He's really excited he gets to practice with the 7th and 8th grade Cross Country Team. He can't participate in meets; but they are allowing him to practice with them, which I am so excited about too! We had fun going to pick out some good shoes he can train in. He has been going on runs with Toby at night. I couldn't believe how big his feet have gotten! It's going to take his body awhile to grow into his feet I think! :) He is just growing so fast!
He's also going to participate in 6th grade band playing the drums like he did last year in 5th grade. We met his band teacher..I think Jaron will enjoy having a male band teacher this year. He even commented to me that he will probably have male teachers for the first time this year. He is already practicing his drums and driving us all crazy! :) He has a practice pad..but it's just not the same fun! He's also signed up for a program after Cross Country is over; he will meet with a group called Brave 21. It's an after school group that has High Schoolers helping out with homework for awhile, and then they all do an activity with other 6th graders. They can learn how to cook, bowl, golf, soccer, martial arts, art, etc. He's pretty excited about it. I like that they have study time to get their homework done, and then they can choose an activity when their work is done. School pictures are done, ASB card, Annual and P.E. clothes are ordered. Next is the Parent Night and then the 6th grade Orientation day, and then the first day of school. I officially have a Middle Schooler! I am so happy for him and his excitement to begin a new phase in his life; but also sad to see my baby growing up even more!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: