October 5, 2010

Jaron's Tribute to Grandpa Higley Poem

Miles and June Higley at their anniversary celebration.

Higley Family at grandpa's funeral.

Joette, Grandma Higley, Blake and Jill at grandpa's funeral.

Grandma Higley and Shaelie, Brielle, Mikenna, Jaron and Carson Memorial Day at grandpa's resting place.

Jaron and Mikenna at Grandpa Higley resting place.

Toby and I at our Moses Lake, WA reception with both sets of grandparents.
Grandma and Grandpa Winder, and Grandma and Grandpa Higley.

Higley Christmas Party!!

Jaron with the sling shot that Grandpa Higley made him right before he passed away.
After Grandpa had passed away we found a bunch of sling shots that he was working on for all of his great-grand kids.

Grandpa, Carson and Jaron, enjoying popcorn together!

Mikenna's birthday party; we had the whole gang there!!

Grandpa Higley and Brielle right before family pictures.

Grandpa Higley, Jaron and Carson enjoying Shaelie's birthday cake!

Once again,
“Hello”

My Great-Grandpa
Miles Higley
Written by: Jaron Lyle Rasmussen - 7th grade

I didn’t understand when I was younger.
But now I most certainly do.
I always remember the sweet smile you had,
It always brightened our day.
I always remember your sparkling eyes.
They were brighter than any star in the sky.
I always remember the way you played guitar.
It always put us in a good mood.
I always remember your great attitude.
It always put the sadness to sleep.
I wish I could see you now.
I can’t wait for the day I say,
Once Again,
“Hello.”

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great tribute to his grandpa! Well done Jaron. I'm sorry for your loss Mandy.