December 10, 2012

Mandy~New Church Callings

I am so excited about the new Church callings that were extended to me last week.  Assistant ward chorister for Sacrament meeting and also serving on the Relief Society enrichment committee for enrichment once a month.  I will lead the music in Sacrament meeting every other Sunday.  I am used to being behind the organ or piano so this is a little different for me, but I am really excited about it.  I have also been asked by the Primary president to be the substitute piano player for Primary.  I have been feeling like I need to get back to playing the piano more and just have music be more a part of my life like it used to be before I had kids and got so busy with being a mom.  I have also felt the need to be around the sisters in our ward and serve with them.  I helped out with Midnight Madness in October and I really got to know some of the woman in the ward on a different level; so I am excited to serve on the enrichment committee too! I feel like Heavenly Father knows my heart and has blessed me with these callings.  I am so excited and I know I will enjoy these callings!

1 comment:

Sabina said...

Mandy, I just tried to post a long comment and it was erased. Anyway, I think you'll do great a both callings. I have the chorister calling and though I don't like to be in front of people I've had some choice experiences with some specific hymns as well as looking over the congregation and feeling a lot of love and concern for them. I wanted to let you know the arranger I told you about. His name is Marshall McDonald. I have a Christmas book of his, but would love others. Definitely worth trying. Thanks for sharing!