March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Craig!!

Happy 33rd Birthday to my "little" brother Craig! We are really close in age -(14 months apart) so I don't remember life without him. He's been by my side through a lot of good times and sad times. He's always been an awesome example of what a brother should be-I know I can always count on him when I need his love; advice or just a shoulder to cry on. When I think of him and what he means to me; I tear up instantly. A year ago when I had my hysterectomy; I was going through a really rough time..he helped me get back on my feet..and helped me realize what I needed to do to help myself recover-he was my voice of reason, the unconditional love I needed...there have been numerous times in my life where he was there right when I needed him; and nobody else could have helped or loved me in the same way. He is and always has been one of my best friends. I remember when he went on his mission -I was at the airport to see him off. I remember thinking...I can't be away from him for 2 years..what am I going to do? I basically cried all day..and felt a huge part of my life go..I remember when I left for college in Utah and how hard it was to say goodbye to him then. I know I am the older one; but I have always felt like I had a big brother in Craig. He's such an awesome example of a son; a father; a friend; a brother. I have always looked up to him. He has a great positive outlook on life and lives it to the fullest. One of the things I love about him is that he always gives people the benefit of the doubt and he serves those around him with a lot of love and compassion. I feel so blessed that he is not only my brother; but my friend. I don't think I would have gotten this far in life without him by my side. I would do anything for him; and I know he would do the same for me. There are so many memories of us growing up together...Since we are so close in age; my mom says that I wanted him to walk as soon as he was born; so I pulled him out of his car seat and dragged him around like a rag doll hoping he would walk. We spent countless hours on the farm together changing hand lines; feeding animals; weeding; laughing at my grandpa Winder and his shenanigans. Craig's smile and his laugh are contagious -and whenever grandpa Winder was around -Craig's laugh soon followed. I remember when we were younger we ran through the sprinklers naked...(we were 3 or 4). I remember lots of musical numbers together where I accompanied him on the piano while he sang...beautiful songs with his awesome voice. Whenever I had something going on in my life; he was there supporting me; without fail. He's always been there for me; even if it was out of his way...he is one of my rocks in life...
I love being around him...I wish we lived closer to one another..he lives in Utah and is a lawyer; has 4 beautiful kids and one on the way; a beautiful wife -his High School sweetheart-Sabina Peterson. He is one of the closet people in my life....and I am so blessed to call him my brother and friend!
I Love You; Craig!! I wish we could celebrate together!! :)

2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Happy Birthday Craig. I can't tell you how many times Craig was in our car as I was driving the boys some place. If there was a quiet moment, just to make conversation, I would ask him when his birthday was. (I never asked any other kids that question, strang) This happened at least once a year! Of course he would always politely say, "March 31st". And then I would remember that I had asked him that before. My rejoinder would always be, "O, I can't believe that I asked you that again!" My birthday is on the same day :) I love Craig so much, what a great friend he was to Seth. I am glad he is doing so well and they are having another baby. He always remembers my birthday. One year he brought me a rose bush! What a great person!

Puhlman said...

Yes now I remember. We also share the same birthday. Best day ever. Happy B-day. I never knew you were so close in both age and relationship. That is great.