March 30, 2009

Jaron's 11th Birthday Party

Jaron celebrated his birthday this past Saturday. He officially turns 11 on April 4th. We decided to celebrate a little early because of General Conference and then Easter is the next weekend. He wanted a Halo birthday party. He invited friends and family. Good food; fun people; handsome boy-what more could you ask for?? I am so blessed by this young man. He has such a big heart and loves to be with his family and friends. He got some neat gifts -among his favorites -2 gift cards and cash....Halo 3 laser tag guns; new art supplies; Sonic shirt and Sonic tennis game; Halo poster; Computer software to make your own water park and amusement parks; football; Cranium board game; new darts for his dart board. He and his friends played Halo together for awhile -had lots of sugar-lots of laser tag games. I can't believe he's 11...I've been having mixed emotions -like I always do when my kids get older. I swell with pride and feel so blessed and happy; and at the same time I feel sad because they are growing so fast...It's neat to see them grow-up; but it makes me miss when they were babies too. It's weird to feel such strong emotions-happy & sad at the same time..I know he will always need me though-and I am learning to give him more space since he is growing up. I know I still need my parents and I am 34-and I know I will always need my Heavenly Father..I think I just miss my kids as babies...I will post baby pictures of Jaron when he was born on his birthday! I love you buddy!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

::lindsay said...

Wow! 11! It's crazy how fast kids grow up. It sounds like Jaron is a neat kid.

Oh, and congrats to such a great pinewood derby experience.

Kathy’s Korner said...

I can't believe you have an 11 year old! What a fun and creative party,it will be hard to top. I know what you mean about them getting older. Every time my first child got a size bigger pair of shoes, I teared up! We must have a lot in common with how we feel about our family!