May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mom! My mom is every definition of what a mom should be in my book. One of the things I have always admired about her is her Christ-like unconditional love and understanding. She has rarely shown her emotions in angry ways towards her children. She teaches by example; has a sweet spirit that is always approachable; and has always tried to teach us by always being there for us; even when she was probably not happy or disagreed with some decisions we may have made. She gave us the space to make choices; and learn on our own from those choices; and the best part is that she loved us through the challenges and stood by us if we didn't make the best choice in life. She always showed confidence in our abilities; even when there was doubt. She is an eternal optimist; always looking for the funny side of situations; staying positive; looking for the best in me and others around her. She lives the gospel and is a great example to me in many, many ways. She has a wonderful sense of humor and laugh that has carried our family through some happy and tough times. She is an amazing wife, friend, mom, friend and daughter of God. I am so blessed to call her my mom. Since I have been married; she has become my friend. She is always there for me...it's a great comfort to know if I need her; she is always available for advice in raising my own children; to just talking about the stresses and joys of life. She is not only my mom; but also my sister through Christ. I am grateful I have a wonderful example to look to. She always puts her family before herself...has always worked hard inside and outside of the home. She has a beautiful singing voice; she is an awesome cook; and the sweetest spirit you'll ever meet. I don't know what I did to deserve such an incredible mom; but I am so grateful she is mine! I love you so much mom! I pray every day I can be half the mom you are to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: