May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's day thanks to my three beautiful kids and my wonderful husband! They served me breakfast in bed; which was a yummy plate of buckwheat pancakes and a glass of orange-pineapple juice. The kids each gave me a musical card -Jaron's was the song "Your unbelievable". Mikenna's was Celine Dion singing "The Prayer". Brielle's was "Girls just want to have fun." They each recorded their voices in the cards saying that they loved me and wished me a happy mother's day. Between the cards that the kids gave me and the card Toby gave me I was in tears. They painted both bathrooms for me -the kids had a blast helping Toby. Mikenna made me a sweet card and poem from school; and Jaron also bought me a Snickers bar. Toby ordered me a fire pit I've been eyeing. It's not here yet...pictures will come...I am sure we will roast marshmallows and hot dogs; and have nights of telling scary stories. I think we will use it a lot as a family. Toby also bought me a labeler. I've always wanted one..I know...I am a nerd. They also made a wonderful dinner; which we all enjoyed, and we had smores -in the microwave; since the fire pit hasn't arrived yet. I talked to my mom and my grandma Higley, and dad. I got laundry done and the house picked up, cars cleaned up...amazing how much I can get done while the kids are busy painting with their dad! I had a wonderful day! I love you; Jaron, Mikenna and Brielle...thanks for making me a mommy!! You fill my life with light, love, joy, laughter, fun! I love you Toby; thank you for loving me and our kids; for making sure we are taken care of and happy. You are the love of my life babe!!
Posted by Picasa