August 2, 2009

Garage Sale

We had a garage sale on the hottest day of the year....108 degrees. We did get rid of a lot of things though. Toby and I stayed up all night Friday getting things gathered and priced and set-up. My kids were troopers. They sold rice krispie treats, oatmeal cookies, lemonade and water. Mikenna was our little sales girl. She would greet everyone ask them how they were doing and offered them drinks and food and if they needed any help finding anything they were looking for. She was fun to watch. We started at 7 a.m. and finished at 1pm. The heat at that point was so ridiculous. We sold most everything we put out. We were happy with the money we made. So, we took the rest to Goodwill and ordered pizza and took showers and relaxed the rest of the day. I think I was a little dehydrated and had heat exhaustion...I had a temperature last night and couldn't shake it. I feel a lot better today. I sat and drank buckets of water and kept ice packs on my head. We all had fun...but it was pretty HOT!! It feels good to get rid of things and organize our lives a little better.

No comments: