August 30, 2011

Jaron~First Day of School 2011

Jaron is my very tall 8th Grader! I can't believe it! He was so excited to start school this year and be the oldest in Middle School! He is enjoying going to school where he has lots of friends from scouts and church and kids from our neighborhood that he knows. He has even met up with kids he went to school with in Elementary School in Pasco. He is doing Band again and playing percussion. He is also running on the Cross Country Team. He is leading the pack! He has helped some 1st year cross country students learn the ropes of running cross country. He likes to be able to help them out - and I think it's helped him learn how to be a leader and help those around him.
I usually get emotional this time of year when I send my kids off to school - this year was no different - maybe even a little harder - just because Brielle is my youngest and she is gone every day now - only 1/2 day - but still - when you are a stay at home mom - and my kids are my life - it's a huge change for me. I am looking and applying for jobs - it's hard to find one that is part-time and works with my kids schedule of after school sports - all three of them are playing a sport right now - every night is booked up with practices/scouts/and cross country meets - and soccer games are on the weekends for both Mikenna and Brielle.  I am their taxi - so I need to find a job that ends about the same time they get out of school.  They are all gone during the day - but it is so crazy busy at night and on the weekends! Toby and I are trying our best to keep up! :) People are right when they say - You are still busy and tired - (Getting out of the baby stage of life). Just in a different way. I am trying to get used to the idea that it's ok for me to get a job - but my heart isn't quite all the way into finding one. 13 years of being a stay at home mom - and now I am thinking what I would like to do with myself - is not very comfortable for me-but onward and upward to the different stages of life - and trying to enjoy this one for me even though right now I don't really know what to do with myself - I am sure I will figure it out.

No comments: