August 16, 2011

Jaron~Pasco Stake Youth Trek

Here's my pioneer boy!
Jaron went on a youth trek through our church for 3 days in Paterson, WA.  He traveled along with 390 other participants 20 miles by foot and pulling a handcart.  He was in a group of 10 - and a ma and pa was over each group of the 43 groups.  He grew to appreciate the sacrifices his ancestors made in order for him to have the gospel in his life.  We researched some ancestors on my families side that crossed into the Salt Lake Valley - and it also strengthened my testimony of how blessed I am - and how much my ancestors have done for me and my family.  I was in tears by the time I was done reading some of the stories from my family.  They sacrificed everything in order to accomplish making it to the valley.  When he got back - he was dirty....but very happy.  No video games, no cell phones, no computer - just hard work and service to his group, and singing hymns, making meals, and camping under the stars.  He said he would do it again.  He loves camping and would live outside if we let him!  I am grateful he had the desire to go and strengthen his testimony!

The group from our Pasco 1st Ward.  Jaron is on the end with his good friend Jacob from our ward.


No comments: