March 30, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a lunch picnic today....so beautiful - and no wind!  The kids also opened their Easter gift bags.  I am so blessed to be their mom.  I love creating memories with my kids and the whole process of making holidays and their birthdays special so they know they are loved.  Taking the time for my kids....and when there are no distractions is when they open up to me and talk and share their thoughts, opinions and view on life...and I love it.  Sometimes with life being busy it's hard to find that time...but it's so important!  They thrive on it - and so do I.  I am grateful to my Savior for the atonement.  I am grateful for the many blessings in my life for they are all around me and I tear up thinking how much my Savior knows and loves me and that he atoned for my sins and made it possible for me to live with my Heavenly Father again.
We took a drive together today as well and I talked to them about the Atonement and bore my testimony to them.  After I was done Jaron said he had watched a movie on the Atonement in Seminary  class and that he said it was amazing watching a movie that showed what our Savior did for us all.  It helped him to see it to have a deeper understanding for himself of the Atonement and his Savior.  Mikenna started talking about the 17 Miracles movie - that she watched on her own a couple days ago about the pioneers and the sacrifices they made.  She said it made her cry and she felt the Spirit when the angels came to help some of the pioneers who needed food and then when the woman went to thank the angel - which she didn't know at the time was an angel - the angel was gone.  And when a family showed faith in Christ and asked for their family member to be spared and live - they went back to her body and she was still alive.  I love that as my kids are getting older they are gaining their own testimony's and share it in their own ways to me.  I need to remember to start more conversations with them that will lead to their own thinking and testimony's.  I remember growing up I would usually open up to my mom and talk to her about things and questions when she was baking.  She was never too busy to listen or help me with my feelings.  And a lot of times she wouldn't tell me what to do - she would talk about her experiences and help me form my own opinion and testimony on my own.   It was a great memory made today to remind my kids and myself the true meaning of Easter and share with each other our testimony's.









No comments: