March 12, 2009

When I grow up...I want to be a mommy!!!!!

I love my Brie-Ellie!! She is my baby -I call her baby...It's so hard for me to realize my kids are growing so fast. I want them to stay little forever...I am already wondering what I am going to do with myself while all 3 of them are in school...part of me would love to have another baby-obviously I can't have one of my own anymore...but I seriously get baby hungry! I guess this would be the time for me to want another one-Brielle is 3 and all 3 of my kids are 3 years apart...I wish I still had the option..but that's not going to happen in this lifetime anyway. I love on my kids with kisses and hugs and tell them every day how much they mean to me and how special they are, and how lucky I am to be their mommy. I love to see their faces light up when I say those things to them. I love nurturing them and watching them grow and become who they are meant to be. It's such a blessing to be a mother...I remember growing up and my mom would be cooking or cleaning -and no matter what she was doing she was singing along to a song...and she knew a lot of songs by heart. I had this tape while I was a little girl -and my favorite song on it was -"When I grow up". It goes - "When I grow up; I want to be a mother -and have a family -one little; two little -three little babies of my own.....I guess my wish came true!!! I have 3 beautiful babies of my own...and I think no matter how much they grow and how old they become -they will always be my babies...They bring so much happiness and fun and love to my life....they help me be a better person every day; they love me unconditionally -because I am not a perfect mom-although I wish I were-but I feel I am continuing to build a strong foundation being a stay at home mom for 11 years-I am proud of that...I am grateful I have been able to do that; it's been a challenge; like anything worth doing has. Even though the challenges that come along as you have kids -the blessings of being a mother far outweigh any challenge that may have come about. I have learned to even enjoy the times that are hard-it's all part of being a mommy and being a family.
I love the saying -"We can do all things through the strength of the Lord."
Being a loving and forgiving and patient mother....is hard work; day in and day out. But it's amazing -I've never wanted anything else than being a stay at home mom. I ask Toby all the time-"What am I going to do with myself while they are in school? I feel like I am raising them so they can leave me at some point. :) And Toby assures me "They will always need you in their lives -in different ways." The trick is to always be available whenever they need you; and catch them when they need catching. My mom was really good about -knowing or sensing when I needed to talk. I tended to be one that needed to voice or work through my feelings by voicing them; and being active in some way. She would listen -and by the time I got done talking to her -I had figured it out for myself; or she would gently point me in the right direction without her making the decision for me. A lot of those conversations would be while she was making dinner and I was setting the table -it's true dinner time together as a family is so important...She helped me see and decide for myself -never a lot of pressure from her -I think that's why I've never had a problem making decisions in my life. She always helped me see the bright side of any situation -and to always keep moving....if you keep moving then you are working and it's harder to get discouraged. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. Hard work has gotten me through a lot of challenges. I am 34 and still need my mom -at different times for different reasons..and she is still always there....and she worked outside of the home full time most of my growing up years-still does. She is a saint; my angel, my friend -and there are times when I still feel like her little girl. So I am going to stop worrying that my kids are growing up; and in doing so; they are not going to need me anymore. They will always be my babies; and I will always be their mom!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: