February 7, 2009

My 2nd Born: Mikenna Jo Rasmussen





















1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?!! You betcha! I am a big time planner.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were both really excited to be pregnant with our 2nd baby!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 26
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Pregnancy Test at home.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My hubby! Then I immediately called my mom and dad.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes! Again, I wanted to plan what to buy, etc.
9. DUE DATE? July 10th
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I was extremely sick with all 3 of my kids. Had a kidney stone and a week hospital stay! FUN! I was also put on Zofran -a drug for most chemo patients for nausea -it saved my life!!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? NOTHING!! Everything smelled; tasted awful -a lot of times it came right back up anyway. I know -lovely!!
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Any lotion; shampoo -I dreaded taking showers to wash my hair -that even made me sick. Knowing I had to eat -but it would not stay down!! Being tired all the time. We had just moved into a brand new house and I couldn't handle the new carpet smell -I went to stay with my parents in Washington until Toby could relax the "new" smell in our new home.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR SECOND CHILD'S SEX? Girl -she was born with a little blonde hair -big blue eyes. She was a lot tinier than Jaron -I was sicker with my girls pregnancies.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No -I was excited to have either another boy or a girl!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCYI struggled to gain the weight I needed to gain -I gained 20 lbs.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No -not an official one-but I recieved a lot of girl gifts once she was born -so we were set!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? A lot of the gifts were surprises.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I wish I could say I didn't - but pregnancy didn't agree with me. I feel lucky to have the three I do. I did have great delivery's though and very healthy babies! I don't want to bore you with the complications list!! :)
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ft. Collins, Colorado
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 12 Hours
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Toby -My husband
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Toby-My husband - He helped deliver her and put her on my tummy. I had a midwife with both of my girls-My midwife with Mikenna stayed with me through the whole labor process -allowing me to deliver her without any pain medication.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? It was Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? No- I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it naturally.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs. 1oz. - She was my smallest baby.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? June 27, 2001 -She was born two weeks early!
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Mikenna Jo Rasmussen - She was named after my father-in-law Mike -who died when my husband was 13 years old. Her name is Irish -and means "Fair or Kind One". Her middle name is after mine-which is from my mom Joette. And also after Toby's dad's middle name Jon. Michael "Mike" Jon =Mikenna Jo. We call her "Kenna" alot. Her name fits her well -she is our sunshine and so kind to everyone.
I tag: Rochelle Bassett, Kim Myers, Kristen Hatch, Lindsay Bates, JoAnne Finnigan.

No comments: