February 8, 2009

My Third Born: Brielle Jill Rasmussen














1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?!! You betcha! I am a big time planner.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were both really excited and nervous since I was getting sicker with each pregnancy.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 30
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Pregnancy Test at a store.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My sister was with me in the store -she knew first-and then I surprised my husband during our anniversary with the pregnancy test.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? We were going to wait until she was born -since we had boy and girl things to pass down -but the planner in me decided to find out at 32 weeks.
9. DUE DATE? July 28th
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I was extremely sick with all 3 of my kids. I was the most sick with Brielle. Was taken to the emergency room after a 911 call that my husband made with a serious case of dehydration and a huge kidney stone -that hurt more than giving birth. Luckily I passed the stone on my own during the week long hospital stay. Almost had a pic line inserted so I could gain weight. This happened at 12 weeks along.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? NOTHING!! Everything smelled; tasted awful-a lot of the time it came right back up anyway - I know-lovely!!
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Any lotion; shampoo -I dreaded taking showers to wash my hair -that even made me sick. Knowing I had to eat-but it would not stay down!! Being tired all the time and the worry I had with Brielle's health due to the strong medication I was on during the hospital stay at 12 weeks along.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR THIRD CHILD'S SEX? Girl -She was the first one that I watched with a mirror being born -because I knew that she would be my last baby -and I wanted to see it.
She was born with a little blonde hair -big blue eyes. She was our shortest baby at 19 inches.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No-I was excited to be a mommy for a third time-I was so sick -I just wanted a healthy baby!!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I lost a lot of weight with Brielle in the beginning -I had to eat a lot to gain weight with the help of the medication Zofran -I gained 20 lbs.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No-we had everything we needed at this point.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? We were given a lot of gifts.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I wish I could say I didn't but pregnancy didn't agree with me. I feel lucky to have the three I do. I did have great delivery's though and very healthy babies! I don't want to bore you with the complications list!! :)
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ft. Collins, Colorado.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 10 hours
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Toby-My husband
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Toby -My husband-He delivered her.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? It was Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Epidural at the end -I was pretty beat up with this pregnancy-and I just wanted to enjoy the experience this time without too much pain.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs. 3 oz. my biggest baby!! Who would have guessed with how sick I was with her. The Zofran helped me so much with her!!
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? July 23, 2005. She was five days early. Toby had a game night at our house the night I went into labor and stayed up late-didn't get any sleep at all that night or day! We were exhausted!! All of my kids were born within an hour of one another -I would go into labor in the early morning and have them in the afternoon.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Brielle Jill Rasmussen -Brielle is Irish and means
"God is my strength -strong" and "Shining light". Jill is after my husband's sister Jill -and I also have an aunt named Jill. She fits her name well -she has a smile that lights up the room and she also had to be strong in order to join our family!!

I tag: Rochelle Bassett, Kim Myers, Kristen Hatch, Lindsay Bates, JoAnne Finnigan

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

Mandy you look so good! I cant believe that you have 3 kids! They are so cute and your girls are so sassy! How fun!