February 3, 2009

My First Born: Jaron Lyle Rasmussen

Mommy Tag!!
I've tagged some friends at the bottom of the post!









1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?!!
You betcha! I am a big time planner.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
We were both really excited and nervous at the same time.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
NEVER!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Pregnancy Test at home
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My hubby! Then I immediately called my mom and sister.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes! Again, I wanted to plan what to buy, etc.
9. DUE DATE?
April 10th -He came April 4th.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
I was extremely sick with all 3 of my kids. Had a kidney stone and a week hospital stay! FUN! I was also put on Zofran -a drug for most chemo patients for nausea -it saved my life!!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
NOTHING!! Everything smelled; tasted awful -a lot of times it came right back up anyway. I know -lovely!!
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
Any lotion; shampoo -I dreaded taking showers to wash my hair -that even made me sick. Knowing I had to eat -but it would not stay down!! Being tired all the time.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Boy -he was born with a lot of blonde hair -big blue eyes. He was really long -21 1/2 inches. He was always getting his feet up by my ribs -It hurt!!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No -I was excited to be a mommy to a boy or girl. I had a feeling with each pregnancy what I was going to have -and I was right with all 3!! It was meant to be!!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY
I struggled to gain the weight I needed to gain -I gained 20 lbs.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, my wonderful sister-in-laws: Jill, Jean-Marie and Dana and my mother-in-law C.J. threw me one while we were living in Colorado. I had all my kids in Colorado.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew -I helped with the guest list.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I wish I could say I didn't - but pregnancy didn't agree with me. I feel lucky to have the three I do. I did have great delivery's though and very healthy babies! I don't want to bore you with the complications list!! :)
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Longmont, Colorado
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
17 Hours
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Toby -My husband
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Toby-My husband - He helped deliver him.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
It was Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Epiural at the end; only because of the pitocin -EVIL stuff!!
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7lbs. 10 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
April 4, 1998 -During General Conference Weekend.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Jaron Lyle Rasmussen-Jaron means "He will sing" Lyle is after my husband's middle name -Tobin Lyle. Jaron is Hebrew. His name fits him well -he is Mr. Sound Affects and he loves music.

I tag: Rochelle Bassett, Kim Myers, Kristen Hatch, Lindsay Bates, JoAnne Finnigan

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, Jaren is getting so big! I love the one in his scout uniform! I have a great picture of him and Andrew last summer at Mickie's floating the canal. I'll email it to you. I saw you tagged me for the 25 random facts. I'll try to do it this week.